This put up is by Anna’s good buddy, Shayla Pauley.
Note: I’m a non-native Ohioan that moved right here with my husband (who’s a local). I’m studying about Ohio and exploring all it has to supply. I’m smitten with my new residence state and suppose lots of people can be stunned by how a lot it has to supply! Even in case you are new or visiting the realm, you’ll be able to nonetheless have enjoyable and discover the realm whereas saving cash. Like my Salt Lake City and New York, NY guides, here’s a fast and frugal Ohio journey information for cheapskates.
A variety of the locations I do know are on the west aspect of Cleveland in North East Ohio except for a couple of state parks and different sights (islands, and so on). I discover locations by the suggestion of my household and buddies sharing their favorites and by my very own analysis.
The east aspect is gorgeous and has a ton to supply as nicely, I simply am not aware of it (but!). Same goes for the remainder of the state. Ohio has a lot to discover and supply that you could’t slot in one put up. I’m nonetheless making an attempt to discover all of the locations I can! I’ve solely lived
I’ve not been to each place on my record however most of them I’ve. Some are on my upcoming “must-see” as a result of I’ve been instructed such nice issues and must examine them out for myself!
Please remark in your favourite locations and add to the record, I’m all the time searching for new locations to discover and take my guests too. Plus, I’m positive I’ve forgotten some gems on this Ohio journey information. As I mentioned there’s an excessive amount of goodness for one put up!
Downtown Cleveland and surrounding areas:
- The Flats in Cleveland has eating places and bars on the water and there’s a water taxi that may take you throughout to a bar on the opposite aspect.
- Lakewood, Ohio City
andTremont have some nice distinctive eating places and outlets.
- Westside Market. An over
100 yr previousindoor market with native delicacies, pastries, fruit and veggies and extra. A gem to see.
- Great Lake Brewery Co. is true throughout from Westside Market and Market Garden Brewery is simply too.
- Rock n roll corridor of fame
- East 4th
road. Restaurants and bars and outlets.
- The Arcade, downtown landmark and icon.
- Tower City.
- University Circle (try the good museums)
- The Cleveland Cultural Gardens
- Sports lovers have a variety of locations to take a look at simply relying on their pursuits. Arenas, video games, museums, and so on.
- Cleveland Orchestra is wonderful for an evening out and is close to University Circle.
- Playhouse Square for musicals and performs (try the enormous chandelier out entrance)
- Cleveland Zoo is a gorgeous zoo and properly shaded.
Metro parks, suburban cities (once more principally westside bc that’s all I do know up to now…), parks and forests:
– Cuyahoga nationwide forest has water falls and hikes for all. (Brandywine falls, Blue Hen Falls and extra. See their web site for trails)
– Hocking Hills (ashes cave & previous man’s cave are listed lots as should see’s, they usually’re on my record to find)
– The towpath path in Cuyahoga. You can journey your bike a method after which catch a prepare journey again the opposite means for a small payment.
– David fortier Park in Olmsted falls (Bonus, the downtown Olmsted Falls has a beautiful small city really feel with a coated bridge and exquisite historic buildings changed into modern-day outlets together with an excellent ice cream store, Falls Ice Cream -see favourite ice cream outlets beneath)
-Coe Lake in Berea. Great children playground plus a lake to paddle board or kayak in. A fantastic pavilion to have a picnic or celebration. Berea has a cute city middle for dinner or dessert as nicely.
-Lake Metro parks (east aspect)
– Cleveland metro parks. Look up the one closest to the place you might be. They all supply pure magnificence and uniqueness. Rocky river reservation and Whipps’s ledges are a pair I like however there are SO MANY I’ve not explored but!
-Chagrin Falls (east aspect)
– Avon (west aspect. quaint downtown outlets and eating places)
– Medina has a cute downtown with a historic sq. and when you have your furry buddy alongside cease at Caroline Musgrave-Ludwig Park in Medina and take a look at the good open house canine park. My Dog loves it!
-Hudson (quaint city middle)
[Growing up in a landlocked state (Kansas) I can actually say Lake Erie m
-Cedar level amusement park and cedar level shores waterpark
-Huntington Beach in Bay village
– Mentor Headlands Beach (east of cleveland) (big sand seashore)
-Edgewater seashore and whiskey island
Just a couple of Ohio journey information addenda:
– The fall is gorgeous in Ohio, however All four seasons right here supply magnificence in their very own means. For Travel functions involving journey or out of doors play, I might say Summer and Fall are the best way to go.
-Interesting and sudden discover; Ohio has nice ice cream. Just a pair we frequent are
- Mitchell’s ice cream
- Honey hut ice cream contained in the metro parks
- Falls ice cream
**I do know I’ve omitted so many nice locations on this Ohio journey information, so add them within the feedback. I’d like to increase my record!!