Easy Vegetable Stir Fry is a combination of colourful greens sautéed in a candy and savory sauce that makes for a easy weeknight meal! Less than 30 minutes to make from begin to end!
Easiest Vegetable Stir Fry
This is it! This is the recipe that will get me by means of the week! I like how easy and straightforward it’s to cook dinner and the way scrumptious it tastes. There are so many variations to this recipe that it’s good to make with a household.
Busy weeknights has me making 30 minutes or much less recipes. They are simpler and turn into, oh. so. good!
This previous month I’ve been doing a little meal prep and I made a decision to do that as properly. I cooked it up on Sunday and added it into 5 days of lunches for me. It was easy to heat up and was filling all day.
The colours from the greens are so vibrant and mix so properly collectively. You have a crunchy, smooth and candy texture that blends so properly collectively leaving you wanting one other chew.
My children liked each bits of it and even requested for seconds. They liked it and wished to
You could make this forward, put together it for dinner or freeze it for later. It is one stir fry that’s easy, straightforward and scrumptious!
What is stir fry?
Stir frying is a Chinese cooking approach through which substances are fried in a small quantity of very popular oil whereas being stirred in a wok.
The approach originated in China and in current centuries has unfold into different components of Asia and the West.
Stir fry substances
I wish to stir fry the greens that take a bit of longer to cook dinner first. Like the carrots, mushrooms and child corn. Then I add within the the rest substances. Broccoli, snow peas and the bell peppers don’t take as lengthy to cook dinner.
- Olive Oil
- Vegetables: crimson bell pepper, yellow bell peppers, sugar snap peas, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, child corn, water chestnuts.
- Sauce: soy sauce, garlic cloves (minced), brown sugar, sesame oil, rooster broth, cornstarch
- Garnish: inexperienced onions and sesame seeds
How to make vegetable stir fry?
The first step is to cook dinner up your veggies. I used a mixture of crimson and yellow peppers, snow peas, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms. I additionally added some child corn and water chestnuts into the combo for selection. While the veggies are cooking, I make a easy garlic and ginger sauce. The sauce will get poured over the veggies then is simmered till thickened. You can take pleasure in your veggie stir fry as-is, or over rice.
- Sauté: In a wok or giant skillet add 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium excessive warmth. Add bell pepper, peas, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, child corn, and water chestnuts. Sauté 2-Three minutes till veggies are nearly tender.
- Whisk: In a small bowl, whisk collectively soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, sesame oil, rooster broth, and cornstarch.
- Mix: Pour over veggies and cook dinner till the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish: add chopped inexperienced onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Other variations of stir fry
There are so many various methods to customise your veggie stir fry, the mixtures are countless!
- Meat: add in some rooster, pork, shrimp, beef or tofu.
- Vegetables: asparagus, bean sprouts, celery, zucchini, cauliflower, onions or tomatoes add extra of number of greens.
- Nuts: almonds and cashews are nice to stir in as properly.
- Spicy: make it spicy by including some warmth with sriracha or crushed crimson pepper flakes.
Are stir fry greens wholesome?
Stir-frying is a quick technique to cook dinner small items of meals in a scorching skillet or wok. In addition to being fast and straightforward, stir-frying can also be wholesome.
It ends in tender-crisp greens that retain extra vitamins than in the event that they had been boiled.
And since stir-frying requires solely a small quantity of oil, the fats content material is low.
Tips for stir fry
- To assist cook dinner the greens on the identical price, be sure that to chop into related and smaller sized items.
- Store your vegetable stir fry within the fridge for five days. You may even meal prep!
- Baby corn and water chestnuts are present in cans down the ethnic meals aisles.
- Make forward the sauce for this vegetable stir fry. It will final within the refrigeratior for Three days. You can freeze this for later use if wanted.
What goes properly with stir fry?
- White, brown or Fried Rice
- Lo Mein
Looking for extra stir fry recipes? Try these!
The Easiest Vegetable Stir Fry
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 crimson bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup child corn
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup rooster broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- chopped inexperienced onions and sesame seeds for garnish elective
In a wok or giant skillet add 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium excessive warmth. Add bell pepper, peas, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, child corn, and water chestnuts. Sauté 2-Three minutes till veggies are nearly tender.
In a small whisk collectively soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, sesame oil, rooster broth, and cornstarch.
Pour over veggies and cook dinner till the sauce has thickened. Garnish with chopped inexperienced onions and sesame seeds if desired
The Easiest Vegetable Stir Fry
Amount Per Serving
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 4701IU94%
Vitamin C 104mg126%
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food plan.